Often times workers in Texas face hazards and injury that not everyone faces: a bad back, a sprained ankle or even something as tragic as death can and do occur often even though workplace safety has been becoming a priority.
Fortunately, thanks to Texas’s worker’s compensation laws no workplace injury or workplace accident takes place in the dark.
Under Texas’ workers comp laws, you still have a decent shot at recovering and not having to remain working putting them at risk of worsening their health and jeopardizing their safety
Texas workers’ compensation lawyers have insights into the intricate formulas for putting a dollar sign on the personal injury based on where it is on your body, and how much you earn per hour.
Take a moment to see how Texas’ workers’ compensation system helps injured workers assign value to a worker’s injury on the job, give them medical care and/or death benefits or burial benefits without delay, and a chance to have their life back.
What Is A Work-Related Personal Injury For An Injured Dallas, San Antonio, Or Austin Worker Under Texas Law and The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC)?
According to Carabin Shaw, LLP’s FAQs, workers’ compensation injury law is a practice area within employment law that is not commonly understood but has many medical benefits for workers injured on the job.
- Frequently covered workers’ compensation injuries – back injuries, neck injuries, shoulder and knee injuries, head injuries and repetitive stress injuries.
- Work-related worker’s compensation injuries – An injury to the body or caused by an occupational disease from working at a particular site is recoverable.
- Medical conditions – If your medical condition was worsened from the work you performed, you may recover damages.
The most basic question underlying any personal injury case or workers’ compensation case to a worker is the connection between the following factors:
- Was the worker injured or killed in the courses of their employment?
- Was there another person or the injured employee him/herself responsible for the injury?
Once these hurdles are cleared, there is a streamline process of getting the worker money by avoiding the lengthy and costly process of filing a lawsuit in a superior court.
Below spend a few minutes by seeing how Texas workers’ compensation insurance injury workers’ comp lawyers help get those residing in the United States safe harbor and not lose out on everything they’ve invested in Texas.
Calculating The Award Of Damages By The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), Or Your Dallas, Austin or San Antonio Employer’s Private Carrier
According workers’ compensation firm Zimmerman Law Firm, P.C., there is an official impairment schedule that determines what workers’ comp claim formula is to be applied to calculate how much you can recover as a result of your work-related injuries under Texas worker’s compensation law.
- MMI – Once your doctor decides that the injury will not improve, you have reached the maximum medical improvement threshold.
- MMI Alternative – Receiving temporary income benefits (TIBs) for two years. Texas Labor Code Sec. 401.011 will have the same effect of a doctor’s judgment of not having the injury improve.
- Physical Examination – After this determination of the MMI is made, doctors will test your physical fitness, including your pain strength and motion range.
Once arriving at this number, an experienced and capable Texas workers’ compensation insurance injury lawyer will apply the protection of Texas’s employment laws and Division of Worker’s Compensation (DWC) regulations and bulletins to get:
- Award to Injured Worker – three weeks of income equal to 70% of their weekly wage, provided that amount doesn’t exceed 70% of the state’s average. Texas Department of Insurance Rules
- Medical Bills – Texas pays for medical bills that you couldn’t afford due to your injury
- Future awards – If an examination shows further injury to your mind or body then additional awards may be justified. Texas Labor Code Sec. 401.011
An meticulous, up-to-date employment law firm specializing in workers’ compensation in Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, such as Dallas- and Houston-based Abbot & Associates, PLLC gives gets you money to meet the urgency of not being able to work, and the shame and stigma of being accused of disloyalty or lack of motivation to work disregarding genuine injuries such as broken bones, torn ligaments and cancer.
Free Consultation From A DWC San Antonio, Dallas, Or Austin Workers’ Compensation Lawyer To Receive Critical Medical Care And Payment For Your Workers’ Comp Losses Under Texas Law
Many Texas workers’ comp attorneys and worker’s compensation law firms, such as the Dallas-based Grossman Law Offices, P.C., Houston-based Sandoval Law Firm, PLLC, and Houston- and Midlands-based Zehl & Associates, P.C., often are trained at the best law schools throughout Texas, or other states and around the country, provide exemplary legal assistance to get you through your legal crisis.
Offering contingency-fee agreements that are no-cost, no-money-up-front payment arrangements, you do not need to first afford a high retainer to be able to prevail on a workers’ compensation claim or Texas worker’s compensation claim denial at the Appeals Panel.
You don’t have to live in pain and shame by continuing to work despite suffering a work-related injury on the job, nor do you have to shoulder the debt of medical bills while you’re not able to work.
Understanding Attorney-Client Relationship In The State Of Texas, Fort Worth, Houston Or Austin For A Free Review Or Case Evaluation And Workers Comp Law Initial Consultation
Once introduced, you and the Texas workers’ compensation law office will form an unbreakable bond of trust and the utmost confidence making up the attorney-client relationship.
Unless a disclaimer of exists to not create this relationship, you can look to your workers’ compensation attorney to be a zealous advocate throughout the initial workers’ compensation filing process, claims submission stage, and appeals stage guaranteeing you wait the least number of days to receive a letter of determination of your eligibility to remain lawfully a resident, giving you peace of mind and tranquility once again in your life.
With directories spanning Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth-based workers’ compensation attorneys and law firms, Lawsuit.org, beyond State Bar of Texas bar association, or Texas School of Law state law library, or Texas State Bar office, will help you pinpoint the right workers’ compensation firm to be awarded money for your inability to return to work or get a new job for you and your loved ones.
Contact a Texas DWC workers’ compensation attorney on the contact form on their website to start the application process and prevail on your appeal.