After years on a job and a crippling work-related injury caused by a car accident at work, working is no longer an option.
But without insurance other than the Arizona workers’ compensation fund or, if your fortunate to have another source of income, many injured Arizonians struggle to visit doctors needed to recover while being under fire by bosses accused of lacking motivation to return or gaming the workers’ compensation system.
The disconnect between management’s understand of workplace injuries requires a skilled and well-staffed workers’ compensation law firm to go up against a defense firm for the insurance company seeking to reduce your claim’s approval odds and fight over additional dollars and cents your personal injury deserves.
Take a moment to see how Arizona’ workers’ compensation system helps injured workers and injured employees assign value to a worker’s job injury, preserves a claim’s life, and helps provide some insurance in a timely fashion to a worker, family and loved ones through workers’ compensation insurance protection who would otherwise have no place to turn to.
What Determines When A Worker’s Injury Will Not Improve In Phoenix, Tucson, Or Scottsdale To Establish Valuation Of An Injury Claim?
According to the Law Offices of Robert E. Wisniewski, A.P.C., under Arizona law, many injured workers do not adequality understand the lengthy acronyms involved in workers’ compensation law.
- MMI – Notably, the term MMI, or maximum medical improvement is the starting point of an injured workers’ worker’s compensation case.
In other words, MMI is a medical and legal point where the personal injury will not improve, triggering the begin of payment of workers’ compensation disability benefits based on the severity of it according to an impairment schedule.
- Settlement – The dilemma facing an injured worker is whether to accept a settlement to release liability of the employer and insurance company or private carrier, or opt to continue to receive monthly workers’ compensation disability benefits for a longer period of time.
On the side of an employer, a board-certified workers’ compensation specialist injury lawyer at Lundmark, Barberich, La Mont & Slavin, P.C. will follow the following defense strategy to avoid overpayments for claims that lack legitimacy leading to undeserved hand-outs for an insurance company.
Per the workers’ compensation blog of Ingerman & Horowtiz, LLP, there is a delicate process involving a physician’s assessment of a client, and the opportunities to respond by the insurance company.
- Physician’s MMI determination – A doctor favorable to the injured worker establishes if the condition will improve. The effect is whether payments will continue to issue to the worker claimant if MMI is established.
- Independent Medical Examination (IME) – To challenge the injured’ worker’s assessment, an independent examiner will see if the assessment is accurate, which is critical in determining if an injury must continue to be paid on.
- Special Hearing Stage – Disagreements are common leading to a haring by an administrative law judge.
- Uncertainty in Recovery – Through zealous advocacy on both the applicant and insurance-side, there is always grey area in determining whether an injured worker should receive further medical care and treatment, continue to receive benefit payments, or if the worker should go back to work and payments should cease.
Legal services provided by a well-trained and aggressive Arizona workers’ comp applicant-side or defense-side firm will ensure best results for either client to have maximum recovery for genuine injuries that have not reached MMI, or to avoid excessive payments that cut into the employer’s revenue and ability to be competitive.
How Long Does It Take For The Tucson, Phoenix, Or Mesa, Arizona Worker’s Comp Application Denial To Be Reversed?
According to Phillips Law Group, P.C.’s guide to workers comp law, there are timetables for when workers’ compensation benefits kick in to start receiving reimbursement to pay for medical appointments, medical treatment and therapy sessions.
There are two categories of medical bills and medical expenses:
- Medical Claims – Consists of emergency room charges, doctors’ fees, doctor visit costs, prescription medications, and medical equipment.
- Time-Lost Claims – The test is: If a worker will miss at least a week from work, there will be compensation for temporary total disability benefits (TTD). The cap is 66 and 2/3 of the injured worker’s average monthly salary. This takes 21 days after receipt of notice of filing of a claim with the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA).
Further classifications and nuances exist determining the exact amount you will be eligible for and the precise pay date.
Board-certified specialist in workers’ comp personal injury law in Arizona’s large metropolitan areas of Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff will aggressively follow up on the claims process to ensure that not a cent is deprived that you are lawfully entitled to.
Consult a Phoenix-, Tucson- and Flagstaff-based workers’ comp firm of Matt Fendon Law Group, A.P.C., Snow, Carpio, & Weekley, PLLC or Crossman Law Offices, P.C. to expedite the workers’ compensation process, and never suffer from the stigma by your boss of not being able to work and seeming to be putting your own health interests before the company’s and its insurance carrier.
Free Initial Consultation From A Phoenix, Mesa, Or Flagstaff, Arizona Workers’ Compensation Attorney For Money To Live On While You Recover
Many experienced workers’ compensation attorneys and injury lawyers, such as the Phoenix-based worker’s compensation firms Schiffman Law, P.C. and Morgan & Morgan, P.C., often are trained at the best law schools throughout Arizona, or other states and around the country, provide exemplary legal assistance to get you through your legal crisis at the ICA.
Offering contingency-fee agreements that are no-cost, no-money-up-front payment arrangements, you do not need to first afford a high retainer to be able to prevail on a workers’ compensation application or claims denial.
Understanding Your Attorney’s Role In An Attorney-Client Relationship In Phoenix, Mesa Or Tucson In A Free Injury Case Evaluation And Initial Free Consultation Of Legal Issues
Once introduced, you and the Arizona workers’ compensation law firm will form an unbreakable bond of trust and the utmost respect and confidence making up the attorney-client relationship.
Unless a disclaimer of exists to not create this relationship, you can look to your lawyer to be a zealous advocate throughout the initial workers comp claims process, and all the way to the appeals stage, guaranteeing you wait minimum 21 days from notice of the ICA to receive you benefit check, and that it reflects your pain and suffering.
With directories spanning Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff-based workers’ compensation lawyers and law firms, Lawsuit.org, beyond State Bar of Arizona bar association, or Arizona State University School of Law state law library, or State Bar of Arizona office, will help you pinpoint the right firm to maximize your chances at being paid for your medical condition limiting you from earning a living in your workers comp injury case.
An Arizona workers’ compensation law firm that’s dependable and experienced knows can be a useful tool to have in your toolbox to outmaneuver the defense firms handling your workers’ comp claim, effectively use medical documentation and appeals to get you justice for your workplace injury or workplace accident without the shame for retaliating employers.
Contact an Arizona workers’ compensation attorney on the contact form on their website for legal advice on how to start the application process and prevail on your workers comp appeal.